Wednesday 5 May 2010

something different - a dream

It was dusk, and the pale sun was sinking below the tree-ragged horizon. But somehow I knew that in the valley ahead, there was another sunset. A fantastic blaze of fiery light which, if only I could run fast enough, I might just see before darkness extinguished everything. And so I ran. I ran across the brown landscape, through the scrub and the leafless silhouetted trees, until I reached the brink of the hill – the lip of the valley. And there it was. As if somehow the sun had been captured here – as if some ancient myth were true, and daylight was held ransom whilst moonlight ruled the world. But this was no ordinary daylight. For as I said, it was fiery – a deep and dangerous orange. But then it changed, and in front of me was an abyss of intense blue, with wisps of white. And without warning – surprising even myself – I stepped off the edge.
I fell gently and I realised that I was not alone. Many others were falling too.

1 comment: