Monday 9 August 2010

indian call centres have gone impolite

Is that Mr Firth.
No it's Ms Firth.
Mrs Firth?
No Ms Firth.
Ok I am married but I kept my name, but I certainly not going to go into that with Indian Call Center Person.
Erm it wasn't obvious when I said hello that I am not a 'Mr', I think? Do I need to worry?
"Ok Mr Firth, I am calling about an offer from BT."
"I am sorry but I have a really bad migraine at the moment, so I can't really talk."
Dialing tone.
Here's another.
"Hello is that Mrs Weston?"
"No there is no Mrs Weston here."
"Ohhh ok I will give her a call later."
"No there is no Mrs Weston here. No one of that name lives here. So there's no point."
"Oh, ok"
Dialing tone.
I am not 'Mrs Weston' - hence the title of this blog, although I have just had 3 birthday cards from friends/relatives addressed to Mrs Weston. Jokingly I hope.
For the record Mrs Weston is my mother in law.

No comments:

Post a Comment